Sunday, January 30, 2011

Story #7 Notes

Well, I've made it a week - so far, so good.

I'm enjoying the experience overall; having to write something of a pre-determined length each day is useful in ensuring that I'm not shirking my self-appointed responsibilities.

Today's story I wrote because of a television show my wife mentioned to me called "Game of Thrones". From the little I remember about the show itself it was supposed to be historical medieval fiction of some kind, but it was the title that struck me.

What if there were thrones (two, three, many?) that were exchanged as part of an ongoing "game" to keep nations or kingdoms at peace? Of course, in such a situation, magical binding to the thrones would be a requirement, as would the desire for one ruler to obtain more thrones (and more power than the rest).

My intention is to continue this story at a later time in the year as I really like the concept and the characters, but we'll see how it pans out.

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment